Search a Doodle

Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Helper 2012 Cover Design

Hey everyone just wanted to update the blog with another Holiday themed post! Back in November, Thanksgiving Day in the states to be exact, the newspaper distributed a full cover Holiday magazine inserted in their Thanksgiving issue. I got the opportunity to design the cover for it.

 
I created about 8 different sketches and the publisher decided on a Christmas theme with two children gazing into a snow globe. The amount of time I got to spend creating it wasn't a lot but being the master artist and multitask-er that I am I cranked it out before the deadline. Full color illustration, title design AND ALL! Whew!

 

Sadly this was the last thing I had worked on for the newspaper. Due to circumstances out of my control, changes were made to the ad design process that no longer included room for in-house designers. I appreciate the opportunity I had though and hope to find another full time Graphic Design position soon :) Here are some detailed closeups of Holiday Helper:



Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!! I will be baking and crafting for the Holidays!

2 comments:

KaraKreative said...

It's so cute! It's their loss really! You'll find something soon!

Laura said...

I see it as the same way :) I did a great job and never nothing but excellent and I suffer from a corporate wide decision. Such is life. But there will be bigger and brighter things in the future. I am thankful for the opportunity and all that I have learned from it.

Total Pageviews

Followers