Search a Doodle

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire 2012

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to update the blog with a silly adventure I had at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Me and all my friends went last year and decided to go back again this year as well!!


Last year, me and fellow blogger KaraKreative were the only two in our little posse to dress up. But this year all of us went all out!! We were quite the party featuring a witch, a peasant, one of the Three Musketeers, "Toon Link" from the Legend of Zelda (Windwaker) and Frodo from Lord of the Rings.



My costume came out pretty good!! I made the sheild myself and my mom, who rocks at sewing helped with the belt and hat. My character really blended in well since the faire sold a lot of merchandise related to the Legend of Zelda like Master Swords, sheilds and other weaponry and I even ran into ANOTHER Link!


The shows were great! We ended up missing human chess but saw a lot of other shows like magic, comedy and a bagpipes drum band called "Tartanic" and of course the traditional joust and the ending ceremonies!


I can't forget how spectacular the food was either! My lunch consisted of a bread bowl of tomato bisque soup even though the bees kept attacking it. All the walking we did deserved a dessert from the bakery; PUMPKIN bread pudding! The bakery which sold all kinds of treats including giant cupcakes and brownies.


I also went crazy and threw some money down on a Master Sword to keep my costume authentic shall I ever choose to re-wear it again.


Once again if you are ever in the state of Pennsylvania or Central Pa, I highly recommend visiting the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.

1 comment:

KaraKreative said...

Awww! There we all are! I saw the chess match though, you guys missed out.

Total Pageviews

Followers