Search a Doodle

Saturday, August 11, 2012

What is in a Name?

One of the hardest steps to launching your own business can be deciding on the name. As you know, I am owner and operator of my own freelance design business, Violet Ink Design. Although our brand has evolved from it's original design the name has stayed the same!!


So, where did "Violet Ink Design", the name, come from? Ever since I was a little girl I loved the color purple. So you better believe when I got a pen that wrote with violet ink, I was doodling all over my notebooks and school work with it.



I look back at those memories fondly. Who knew one little pen would form the foundation of my career!! I also stumbled across a short article about naming your own freelance business on a great site called freelance advisor. Check it out by clicking here: http://www.freelanceadvisor.co.uk/getting-a-job/six-ways-to-come-up-with-a-great-company-name/

2 comments:

KaraKreative said...

Interesting!

Laura said...

You should post the origins of your freelance name too, it would be cute with your colors!

Total Pageviews

Followers