Search a Doodle

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Laura Doodles Cooks: Alton Brown's Baked Mac and Cheese

Hey everyone! I have many baking adventures checking out new recipes in my dessert related cookbooks and finding recipes online but I don't usually cook MEALS much. I don't really know how to cook. I usually eat the same thing everyday and it's never anything complicated or that even INVOLVES an oven.


Recently I was watching re-runs of a show called, "Good Eats," hosted by Alton Brown, an extreme food nerd who makes cooking entertaining yet scientific and the episode was about Mac and Cheese. I LOVEEE Mac and Cheese and instantly inspired his seemingly easy Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe.



The ingredients were also super simple (the only thing I didn't already have on hand was sharp cheddar cheese and panko bread crumbs) and on the recipe page the full clip of Alton and his Nephew Elton concocting the delicious dish is available to watch. Great for people who are visual learners!



All in all, the recipe was very tasty! If I could change anything I would have probably added MORE cheese (and gained 5lbs doing it). I would definitely make it again sometime but my heart still belongs to the good old boxed Kraft kind, sorry Alton!

To try the recipe out for yourself, head over to the FoodNetwork website or just click on this link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html

Total Pageviews

Followers