Search a Doodle

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nurse Cookie says "Donate Blood!"

Hey everyone! If you did not know, today is World Blood Donor Day. This day began first in 2005 to celebrate all the people who voluntarily donate their blood. Donating blood is an important act of kindness. People all over the world need blood for transfusions.



To help raise awareness of today, I decided to create my own little silly illustration.




Even though World Blood Donor day always has a specific theme, the first thing I think of when thinking about donating blood is chocolate chip cookies. Around where I live, cookies and orange juice are handed out after your donation, which is where my concept was born.



If you want more information about World Blood Donor Day visit their website at: http://www.who.int/worldblooddonorday/en/ Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers