Search a Doodle

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Creating Automotive Ads

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to post on my blog about some updates I made to my site!! As you may or may not know, I got a fulltime job working at the newspaper. I get to create ads all day for advertisers, still have fun illustration work to do and I'm learning a lot about page layout and programs I never used before like Xpance.



I started out doing classified ads which include automotive. Although it may not sound like the most exciting thing in the world, especially to a fellow graphic designer, I have to say it is both challenging and fun.



You get ample room for space, some ads run as long as 21.5 inches. Wow! And full color.



Sure it's no cupcakes or rainbows or cute little fuzzy animals, it's something different. The difference it has from my usual work is what makes it challenging.



I posted two of my favorite ads in the Graphic Design section of my portfolio on my website (violet-ink.com).

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers