Search a Doodle

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chris Chaput Portrait!!

A client had approached me to create a digital portrait as a birthday to their sibling Chris! I was really excited about this project! Not too often do I get to work on a MALE portrait, unless of course it is the portrait of a couple together!

She gave me lots of really great reference photos and also wanted to incorporate his logo into the piece as well. We agreed our favorite was probably this one:



It showed his love for skateboarding and his brand!!

Here is what I came up with:





Probably the most challenging part of this piece was the details of the wheels! Each wheel had it's own different design on it and I wanted to be as close as possible to the real deal!


I think it turned out really great! The client was pleased with it and it was shipped off in time to be framed and wrapped up as a one-of-a-kind gift :)

To get your own custom digital portrait done by me, Laura Pennington, feel free to hit up the contact section of my website at: violet-ink.com/contact

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers